PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Decatur County Commission has scheduled a meeting for Monday, November 27, 2023, at 6:00 PM at the Decatur County Courthouse for the regular monthly meeting. The Budget Committee will meet at 5:30 PM.
There will be a 10-minute Public Input session beginning at 6:00 PM, with the meeting to follow. Anyone interested in speaking should contact the Decatur County Mayor’s office at 731-852-2131 or sign in 15 minutes before the meeting is called to order. (Please see guidelines at www.decaturcountytn.org.)
The Decatur County Government does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, or national origin; additionally, the Decatur County Courthouse is handicap accessible. The Decatur County Government, when necessary, will make reasonable accommodations for people who have disabilities. Any person with a disability should contact the Decatur County Mayor’s office at 731-852-2131 before any meeting if additional help is needed.
DECATUR COUNTY, TENNESSEE COMMISSION MEETING PUBLIC COMMENT GUIDELINES
The Decatur County Commission has developed the following guidelines to provide time for members of the general public to orally address the County Commission during its monthly commission meeting.
- The agenda of every regularly scheduled meeting of the Decatur County Commission shall contain an item for receipt of comments by the general public on matters relevant to the business of Decatur County services, programs, projects and activities.
- Time allotted on the agenda for public comments will be no longer than 15
- Speakers shall be allotted a maximum of 3 minutes for their presentation. Time will be monitored by the Clerk or a person designated by the Chairman.
- A person wishing to address the Commission at a regularly scheduled meeting must sign-in no later than fifteen minutes prior to the meeting. A sheet will be located outside the meeting room for the speaker to provide name, address, telephone number and the subject of their remarks. Request for public comment may also be made by contacting the County Mayor Administrative Assistant, prior to the meeting date.
- Once the Public Comments session has begun, the Chairman will call the individual speaker forward. At that time the speaker will introduce themselves and their topic. When the speaker has completed their statement, or time has expired, they will return to their seat with no further debate, dialogue or comment.
- Should a group be present to support a particular issue, they must select one speaker to represent the group.
- Should a speaker have documents or written comments for the Commissioners to review, they will provide nineteen copies to be distributed prior to the meeting.
- No signs, banners, flags, placards, or other disruptive displays will be allowed inside the meeting room.
- The purpose of the Public Comment is to allow members of the community an opportunity to express their Comments should be directed to the Commission Chairman. The Commission will not respond to questions or comments during the Public Comments session. If the public comment is concerning an agenda item and a Commissioner wishes to comment, they may do so when the item comes up on the agenda.
- The Chairman may, on their own motion or the motion of any Commissioner, rule any public speaker out of order if the comments are inappropriate or unreasonably repetitious. Further, the Commission may disqualify a person for a reasonable period from future appearances during the public comments section of Commission meetings if that person’s comments have been inappropriate (i.e. incoherent, abusive, irrelevant, ).
- During the regular meeting, no one may address the Commission unless requested to speak on an agenda item by the Commission and recognized by the Chairman.